Monday, May 25, 2009

Kids these days...

Last weekend, my other half did not make his weekly trip to Shah Alam- sebabnya... we're heading back to Melaka this weekend!

So, when he isn't around... what did we do? not much, though... cos without him, it's quite difficult to 'manouver' the kids... ha,ha, it is, there are only three of them, but they're so active, and each with a different mind of their own, I usually have problem keeping them in line... why, oh why are kids so impossible these days?

It's not just me, k, I know many other friends whose kids are impossible to handle? Hm, could it be because we pamper them too much? I know that I cuddle my kids all the time, but isn't that supposed to ensure that they would listen to us? Hm, no it's the other way round... they have us, parents, and grandpas n grandmas wrapped around their little fingers...

Case in point - my eldest, Qaiyum. He is the first grandchild of my parents... oh, how they fussed over him - for once, my brothers sighed a relief- the radar was off them, it was turned full blast on that precocious, tiny bundle... and in the coming years... it stayed on, one after another, on 11 more... but somehow, came the added criticism of how we, the parents handle the kids... back to my son - he could do no wrong! My parents were always there to fend him... esp my dad. When we tried to discipline him, what happened? Oh, dad would say stuff like "Atok cakap dengan Papa, ok - Zamri, jgn marah cucu Atok..." hah, this came from a man who used to wallup his kids at the slightest tantrum - believe it!

Anyway, that cucu Atok has now turned 12, and oh, how he has mellowed (ha,ha) his Atok.... he is now a constant source of irritation for his Tok Wan... the degil, lazy bum, etc is now what he is labelled by the poor, suffering Atok...

So, the moral of the story! Never, ever, spoil those kids rotten!

No comments: