Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm a scary mom!

Two nites ago, in a last-ditch attempt to wean baby of playing with my bosom, I told my kids of Hantu Kopek. After witnessing their silent digestion of the news (percaya ke tak ni...), I went a step further.

I told them, this hantu kopek do not like kids who scream, squabble and make noises at night. This made those two immediately quiet, with baby covering her eyes with both hands. The next morning, in order to lend credence to my story, I immediately asked my parents to confirm the existence of the ghost. Sure enough, they joined in, adding some information as well.

Hm, I guess I've "scarred" them for life now. But then, we got to do what we go to do, right? And last night, we were amply rewarded - my two girls behaved like angels! They held hands, never once shouted, and hushed each other when one talked loudly. Peace!!!

2 comments:

anaiis said...

Haha Kak Ti, how could you...but then again, it's a clever way of weaning the babe from the bosom :)

maria said...

Hm, tried everything, and glad to fing something that finally works!