Thursday, December 24, 2009

Baby masuk hospital...

Last Friday, I was down with a bad cold. Thinking that it was just one of the common flu bugs, I took some meds and told the kids not to bother me as I had to sleep as the pill made me drowsy. By afternoon, I was quite okay. However, at nite, my throat felt more swollen than before.

Come morning, I was so tired I could hardly move my limbs. And too bad, it had infected Ayum and Nisa as well. Once at the clinic, I discovered that our temp was 39! The moment the doc heard of her fit history, she immediately gave her the sub pill. When we got back, her fever had subsided. She seemed okay for the whole day. Abang was ok by evening, and the same could be said for me.

However, at 9, her fever was back. After inserting the sub, her temp seemed ok. However, I woke up at 1.15 to check on her (had set the clock earlier), and discovered that the temp had gone up. I sponged her after inserting another sub, but it didn't seem to work. By 3, the fever did not seem to subside at all. I was getting worried sick, so I woke up papa who immediately bathed her. Nothing seemed to lessen the temp, thus we decided to take her to the emergency ward of Pantai.

Once there, it was discovered that her fever had climbed to a dangerous 39.5.

No comments: