Friday, September 18, 2009

28 Ramadhan 1430

Just another 1 day to go before Muslims all over the world celebrate Eid. And how am I? Hmm... unsure. I have no problems with expenses this year, all my needs are met. But I'm feeling the blues...

Even got a new set of Carlo Rino handbag, after being content with cheap ones for a number of years... In fact, for the past three nites, we've been going to the malls to get some last-minute stuff. The first night, it was at Parkson & Jusco, the second nite, it was Mydin, and last nite, it was back to Jusco. This year, also, marks the first time that abang chooses most of his own stuff - shoes, slippers, songket, songkok, etc. The baju Melayu was my choice though, as I wanted to get his the same as his dad's. I got them at Hari2 in Sek 18. As for the girls' baju kurung, I got them at Mydin USJ- that was also the time I got stuck in a jam for some 40 mins. As for my own baju kurung, a set was bought in Tampin, while another was tailor-made by Ila's friend. Meanwhile, my shoes are Sachs, bought in Parkson Melaka Mall. Tudung, I bought them at Anggerik Mall. Then, I also got a nice Bonia T for Papa and a Batik-style shirt for my Atok (my tradition with them). So, everthing all set for raya!

But we don't feel good this year...With my hubby's Indonesian workers still detained by the police, we really are so down... after getting the news from papa yesterday that their would be detained til the 23, my mood really dipped. Tears dropped while I was driving, I really don't know why the police insist that they be remanded, as we all thought that they would be released yesterday. I really hope that nothing untoward other than their remand would happen in the coming week.

On the national level, I really hope that not many deaths would take place this year. Really, really hope that things will go well... Amin

No comments: