Thursday, July 30, 2009

working away from office

Awana Genting, 30 July 2009 - I have only been an employer of UniKL MICET Alor Gajah, Melaka for 10 days, and is now attending the induction course at one of Genting Highlands' premier resorts.

There will be around 60 other newly-recruited staff of UniKL converging at the resort for the course, that will centre mainly on introducing the staff to the group's objectives and visions. I truly hope that I will be truly refreshed and rejuvenated by the experience!


Okay, enuff about the above formalities.... on to my actual news - we arrived (the four of us - Yanti, Azia and Nadia the driver and owner of the 5-month old Saga) at Awana around 3.20. Yanti and me were assigned room 2517, which turned out to be a cute, well-equipped studio apartment.

But the hardest part is my being away from the kids- we've been on the phone three times since I arrived, and I even called Ayum in Shah Alam twice, Miss him the most, as I don't get to see him this weekend. But we'll be there next Wednesday.

As for UniKL, the students were sent home yesterday, as the scare for H1N1 escalates. In the first place, it was supposed to be total shutdown, but as the evening progressed, the president decided that the office would remain open... and I only got the call at 9.25 from Saadiah telling me that the campus is to remain open... haha, hm, since I haven't finished packing, I had to rush home from my roti canai breakfast, and only reached UniKL at 11.30... and left at 12.10 for Genting! We made a stop at the Seremban R&R for lunch & prayers...

I just got back from supper where I dined on Cajun Chicken with Pita - hm, it was great! The teh tarik alone cost RM5... the whole dinner cost me RM24++. B4 going up, we stopped at the bakery which sold cakes for 50% the price after 9.30pm. Hm, got a strawberry & marble cheese cake... have tried the Strawberry cheese slice, quite yummy... hope that the marble in the fridge will be even yummier...

K, gotta hit the sack tomorrow... really looking forward to a wonderful experience!!!



















No comments: