Monday, April 20, 2009

Dwen is home

Ok, for the first time, my venturing into an unknown territory did not end up with me getting lost! Ha,ha, all for Dwen, I guess... So, it was fun!

Who were there? When I arrived at 2.30, there were Aida, Chris, Dwen & Zeff. So, talked we did over coffee, sate, & all kinds of delicious morsel that I could stuff down! Phew, delicious food!

Anyway, the chat was even more delicious... we went back 16 - 22 years as if they were just yesterday... Dwen was the most accurate one, I think... til at one point Jeff said, "hey, you're in a time machine or what?" Yeah, there were some blank stares when we couldn't remember names & all that... Edwin, Rosli, popped up often, and other names rattled off us... we even remembered a few that had moved on... Azwa, Dr. Jamali (our beloved Homer) and even Noraini, whom we lost during our Matriculation days... Sad moments there - made me think for a while on how people might remember me when I'm no longer around... wonderful mom, hardworking perosn, ahah!

Then we talked about the married stuff... Aida n the geng who got married while studying - her eldest is now 16, whoa! Me n Lise's eldest are 12... while Dwan's, Chris n Jeff's eldest are all 8! But of course, the laughs we had!

And then, around 3.40, Lise finally turned up, with her Miss five in tow... Adlina, I think... and more yak... Dwen even claimed 'I've been here since 1, I think I'm glued to my seat!" til 5, that is... then only we grumbled that we had to leave... n of course, with promises that we'd meet up soon! That would be in August, I think... hopefully Aboy would make good his word about organising the do...

Ok, anyway, it was good to meet up with friends that I really care about... we meet now n then, even with Dwen being far away in Oz land, he still makes it a point to see some of us - just like what he said, "Show some eddort"...

No comments: